Prefinished Cypress Siding
Why Cypress Siding
Cypress wood siding is a not only versatile but a very durable siding material. While most siding profiles such as bevel siding (also known as clapboard or lap) are designed to be installed horizontally, some profiles can be installed vertically. Cypress wood contains a natural preservative oil called cypressene which makes the wood rot and termite resistant. Cypress is dimensionally stable (after acclimation) and naturally resistant to splitting and warping making it perfect for use on external home applications such as siding and trim.
Cypress Wood Grades Available
Many of our products are available in Select (highest grade possible) or #2 Common Grade - sound and possible unsound knots are acceptable.
Cypress siding can be pre-finished in various colors and products. A wood toner will allow the natural wood grain to show but will have a natural tint to the wood (depending on product color). If you're looking for a bit more UV protection, a semi-transparent stain is a good choice, and you will still see some of the wood's natural grain. A semi-solid or solid color stain is a good option if you're looking for a more consistent solid color with less wood grain showing through the finish. All wood siding profiles are available with a primer-only coating option so you can have the topcoat applied in the field after installation. We can do almost any color you can imagine. If you don't find a color you love out of our 40+ stain color options, please give us a call - custom colors are available.
Benefits of Prefinishing
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed, the house comes to life as the final color has already been applied.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions prohibiting a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled, and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray, No Drips, and No Runs
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six-Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply a finish to all six sides of the wood, which is the best way to protect natural wood from UV and moisture issues.
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent finish from one end to the other and from the first piece to the last.
- Material is dry before installation.
Cypress Siding Installation Guidelines
Southern Cypress Manufacturers Association Cypress Siding Installation Guidelines
Cypress Bevel Siding is a very popular profile designed to be installed horizontally for a very attractive shadowline. Factory finished to order in your choice of stain, primer only, or primer plus solid color topcoat.
Cypress Tongue and Groove (T&G) siding prefinished in primer, transparent, semi-transparent, semi-solid and solid colors.
Cypress Shiplap siding prefinished in primer, transparent, semi-transparent, semi-solid and solid colors.
Cypress Dutch Lap siding available with a natural translucent stain, semi-transparent or semi-solid stain, primed only, or primed and top coated with a solid color finish.
Custom prefinished Cedar Tongue and Groove Nickel Gap Siding in your choice of stain, primed only, or primed plus solid color finish.
Cypress Board and Batten siding custom prefinished in your choice of primer, stain, and solid colors.
Cypress channel rustic siding custom prefinished in your choice of color. Choose from primed, stained or primed plus solid color paint.