Prefinished Cypress Siding
Why Cypress Siding
Cypress wood siding is a not only versatile but a very durable siding material. While most siding profiles such as bevel siding (also known as clapboard or lap) are designed to be installed horizontally, some profiles can be installed vertically. Cypress wood contains a natural preservative oil called cypressene which makes the wood rot and termite resistant. Cypress is dimensionally stable (after acclimation) and naturally resistant to splitting and warping making it perfect for use on external home applications such as siding and trim.
Cypress Wood Grades Available
Many of our products are available in Select (highest grade possible) or #2 Common Grade - sound and possible unsound knots are acceptable.
Products are available with a natural translucent stain, semi-transparent or semi-solid stain, primed or primed and topcoated with a solid color finish. Our pre-finishing process will seal each board against moisture and protect the wood from harmful UV rays. When factory finished, there are no runs, drips or shrink lines and the finish is applied to all six sides of the material (face, back, edges and ends). Custom colors are available - call us for details.
Benefits of Prefinishing
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed you can see the house come to life as there is no waiting for a painter to arrive on site to cover factory primed boards.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions that prohibit a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year round - Our facility is climate controlled and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Drips
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six Sided Protection
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent color not only from one end to the other but from the first piece to the last piece the color will be the same.
- Material is dry prior to installation
Cypress Siding Installation Guidelines
Southern Cypress Manufacturers Association Cypress Siding Installation Guidelines
Cypress Bevel Siding prefinished in primer, transparent, semi-transparent, semi-solid and solid colors.
Cypress Tongue and Groove (T&G) siding prefinished in primer, transparent, semi-transparent, semi-solid and solid colors.
Cypress Shiplap siding prefinished in primer, transparent, semi-transparent, semi-solid and solid colors.
Cypress Dutch Lap siding available with a natural translucent stain, semi-transparent or semi-solid stain, primed only, or primed and top coated with a solid color finish.
Custom prefinished Cedar Tongue and Groove Nickel Gap Siding in your choice of stain, primed only, or primed plus solid color finish.
Cypress channel rustic siding custom prefinished in your choice of color. Choose from primed, stained or primed plus solid color paint.