Prefinished Cypress Nickel Gap Siding
Cypress nickel gap siding is an inviting siding profile where the space between the top and bottom board has a thin gap roughly the thickness of a nickel. Once installed, the narrow gap creates an appealing shadow line that gives the home a smooth, stylish look. The Nickel gap siding look can be achieved using either a tongue and groove product or a traditional exterior shiplap profile. The tongue and groove nickel gap material will have a smooth face for a contemporary look. As an option, a no-gap tongue and groove version is available upon request.
Cypress Wood Grades Available
Many of our products are available in Select (highest grade possible) or #2 Common Grade - sound and possible unsound knots are acceptable.
Cypress Nickel Gap siding can be pre-finished in various colors and products. A wood toner will allow the natural wood grain to show but will have a natural tint to the wood (depending on product color). If you're looking for a bit more UV protection, a semi-transparent stain is a good choice, and you will still see some of the wood's natural grain. A semi-solid or solid color stain is a good option if you're looking for a more consistent solid color with less wood grain showing through the finish. All wood siding profiles are available with a primer-only coating option so you can have the topcoat applied in the field after installation. We can do almost any color you can imagine. If you don't find a color you love out of our 40+ stain color options, please give us a call - custom colors are available.
Benefits of Prefinishing Cypress Nickel Gap Siding
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed, the house comes to life as the final color has already been applied.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions prohibiting a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled, and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray, No Drips, and No Runs
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six-Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply a finish to all six sides of the wood, which is the best way to protect natural wood from UV and moisture issues.
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent finish from one end to the other and from the first piece to the last.
- Material is dry before installation.