Prefinished Cypress Dutch Lap Siding
Cypress Dutch Lap Siding is an exterior siding profile that has been milled with a radius face, known as wood profile 105 (WP105), on the top of each board. This radius area will cast a classic shadow line that is attractive to designers and homeowners alike when installed horizontally. Over the years, this profile has been called several different names, including german lap, german dutch lap, cove dutch lap, drop lap, cove lap, wood pattern 105, wp105, dutch or german shiplap.
The profile is very similar to traditional shiplap and channel rustic siding. The boards overlap each other in the same manner. Since Cypress Dutch Lap, Cypress Shiplap, and Cypress Channel Rustic siding profiles share the same edge profile, they are installed exactly like each other. This unique profile is copied on almost every type of siding material on the market, including vinyl siding, because of the unique shadow line it creates.
Cypress Wood Grades
Many of our products are available in Select (highest grade possible) or #2 Common Grade - sound and possible unsound knots are acceptable.
Prefinished Color Options
Cypress Dutch Lap siding can be pre-finished in various colors and products. A wood toner will allow the natural wood grain to show but will have a natural tint to the wood (depending on product color). If you're looking for a bit more UV protection, a semi-transparent stain is a good choice, and you will still see some of the wood's natural grain. A semi-solid or solid color stain is a good option if you're looking for a more consistent solid color with less wood grain showing through the finish. All wood siding profiles are available with a primer-only coating option so you can have the topcoat applied in the field after installation. We can do almost any color you can imagine. If you don't find a color you love out of our 40+ stain color options, please give us a call - custom colors are available.
What Are The Benefits To Having Your Cypress Dutch Lap Siding Prefinished?
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed, the house comes to life as the final color has already been applied.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions prohibiting a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled, and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray, No Drips, and No Runs
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six-Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply a finish to all six sides of the wood, which is the best way to protect natural wood from UV and moisture issues.
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent finish from one end to the other and from the first piece to the last.
- Material is dry before installation.
How to Install Dutch Lap Siding
We recommend following the SCMA guidelines for Cypress Siding Installation Guide but also follow all of your state and local building codes for proper installation.