Prefinished Cedar Siding
Western Red Cedar has been used for centuries by the native North American people for everything from canoes to totem poles. They found that not only is this a very durable wood, but it is naturally resistant to rot, decay, and insect attacks. Because of these superior benefits, this wood species became popular to use on homes in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Today, Western Red Cedar is specified on a wide range of residential and commercial projects by Architects and Building Designers. Western red cedar is pitch and resin-free and takes a wide variety of stains very well.
Grades for Western Red Cedar come directly from the WRCLA WRCLA Western Red Cedar Siding Grades. All of our products will be Select Knotty or STK (also known as select tight knot) grade and is the most readily grade available. The material will have sound tight knots visible and all materials are graded on the rough side. The bandsawn face gives these boards a warm and rustic appearance.
Finishing / Colors Available:
As with any type of natural wood siding, the best way to protect the wood and your investment is to have it stained, primed, or painted on all six sides to protect the wood from moisture and harmful UV rays. Our 42,000 square foot facility is designed to apply almost any color stain or solid color paint you can imagine to the material before it arrives at your job site. Stains are available in either semi-transparent or semi-solid versions. Our primer is a high-quality Alkyd primer that will protect the wood and create a great base for the topcoat. We can apply a prime coat and one coat of final color so that once the material is installed on the job site a final topcoat can be applied for maximum protection.
Benefits of Pre-Finishing Cedar Siding
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed, the house comes to life as the final color has already been applied.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions prohibiting a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled, and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray, No Drips, and No Runs
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six-Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply a finish to all six sides of the wood, which is the best way to protect natural wood from UV and moisture issues.
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent finish from one end to the other and from the first piece to the last.
- Material is dry before installation.
How to Install Cedar Siding
We recommend following the
WRCLA guidelines for Cedar Siding Installation but also follow your local building codes for proper installation.