Prefinished Cedar Shingle Siding
Cedar shingle siding provides timeless classic exterior design and is a popular siding style for many custom homes. Whether used as an accent area in the gables or as the primary siding style, the unique detail of individual shingles is hard to match. There are various species and grades of shingles available on the market today. Still, we highly recommend using Kiln dried 18" R&R (Rebutted/Rejointed) western red Cedar shingles for their superior quality. These cedar shingles take a stain very well and reduce the amount of waste during installation. We prefinish (also known as pre-stain) each cedar shingle by dipping them, using a proprietary process, so that all sides, even the edges, are coated.
Colors and Finishes Available:
You can choose pre-stained cedar shingles in either a semi-transparent or semi-solid stain in the color of your choice. If you prefer to apply a topcoat in the field (after installation), we can pre-prime the shingles in a gray or off-white oil-based primer. The shingles will arrive at the job site in boxes, finished to your specifications, and ready to install.
Wood Species and Grade
Western Red Cedar 18" R&R (Rebutted/Rejointed).
Why You Should Prefinish Your Shingle Siding
- Six-Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply the finish to the front, back, and all edges for maximum protection.
- Instant Appeal - As the material is installed you can see the project come to life.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled and machines run all 12 months.
- No Streaking, No Runs, No Drips, and No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Environmental Issues at the job site.
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each shingle will have consistent coverage, from the first piece to the last.
- The material is dry prior to installation
Installation Instructions for Western Red Cedar Shingles
Exterior Side Wall Installation including Single Course and Double Course Double Course