Cypress Board and Batten Siding
Cypress wood can be used to create a board and batten siding profile using wide boards either 12" or 10" wide vertically. To cover the seams (a small expansion gap where two vertical boards meet) a narrow board (batten strip) is placed over the gap to seal out rain, snow and other environmental elements. This is a simple siding method and can be repaired easily depending on the material and method of installation. Depending on the desired look, the board width can be smaller creating a board on board or even a reverse board and batten design.
Cypress Wood Grades Available
Many of our products are available in Select (highest grade possible) or #2 Common Grade - sound and possible unsound knots are acceptable.
Products are available with a natural translucent stain, semi-transparent or semi-solid stain, primed or primed and top-coated with a solid color finish. Our pre-finishing process will seal each board against moisture and protect the wood from harmful UV rays. When factory finished, there are no runs, drips or shrink lines and the finish is applied to all six sides of the material (face, back, edges and ends). Custom colors are available - call us for details.
Benefits of Prefinishing
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed you can see the house come to life as there is no waiting for a painter to arrive on-site to cover factory primed boards.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions that prohibit a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Drips
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six Sided Protection
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent color not only from one end to the other but from the first piece to the last piece the color will be the same.
- Material is dry prior to installation
Cypress Siding Installation Guidelines
Southern Cypress Manufacturers Association Cypress Siding Installation Guidelines