Cypress Bevel Siding
Why Cypress Bevel (Lap) Siding?
Cypress wood siding is not only versatile but very durable as a siding material. One of the most popular siding profiles is the bevel siding (also known as clapboard or lap). This siding style is designed to be installed horizontally. The top board overlaps the bottom board to seal rain, snow, and other natural elements. Cypress wood contains a natural preservative oil called cypressene, making the wood rot and termite resistant. Cypress is dimensionally stable (after acclimation) and naturally resistant to splitting and warping, making it perfect for external home applications such as siding and trim.
Cypress Wood Grades Available
Many of our products are available in Select (highest grade possible) or #2 Common Grade - sound and possible unsound knots are acceptable.
Cypress Beveled lap siding can be pre-finished in various colors and products. A wood toner will allow the natural wood grain to show but will have a natural tint to the wood (depending on product color). If you're looking for a bit more UV protection, a semi-transparent stain is a good choice, and you will still see some of the wood's natural grain. A semi-solid or solid color stain is a good option if you're looking for a more consistent solid color with less wood grain showing through the finish. All wood siding profiles are available with a primer-only coating option so you can have the topcoat applied in the field after installation. We can do almost any color you can imagine. If you don't find a color you love out of our 40+ stain color options, please give us a call - custom colors are available.
Benefits of Prefinishing
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed, the house comes to life as the final color has already been applied.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions prohibiting a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled, and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray, No Drips, and No Runs
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six-Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply a finish to all six sides of the wood, which is the best way to protect natural wood from UV and moisture issues.
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent finish from one end to the other and from the first piece to the last.
- Material is dry before installation.
Cypress Siding Installation Guidelines
Southern Cypress Manufacturers Association Cypress Siding Installation Guidelines