Cypress Channel Rustic Siding
The channel rustic siding profile is very unique and offers some versatility allowing it to be installed vertically, horizontally, or diagonally. The face of each board has a rustic rough band sawn texture with a pronounced channel (usually around 1" wide) at the top which creates a recognizable shadow line effect. The boards will overlap each other (similar to shiplap) which will provide excellent weather protection. The rough sawn face takes stain very well and can be finished in a wide variety of colors.
Wood Grades Available
For a truly rustic look, we use the #2 Common grade which will have some knots on the face (graded side) of the material. These knots will add to the charm and warmth of the wood and give your home some real character. If you prefer a grade that minimizes knots then you might want to consider using select grade material.
Cypress Channel Rustic siding can be Prefinished (factory finished) with several different finishes including: Primer (to be top coated in the field), stained, or primed and top coated with a solid color paint. All finishes will be applied to all six sides (face, back, edges, and sides - also known as back priming). When it comes to color choice, you can choose from one of our colors shown below or ask us about our custom color options.
Benefits of Prefinishing
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed you can see the house come to life as there is no waiting for a painter to arrive on-site to cover factory primed boards.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions that prohibit a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Drips
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six Sided Protection
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent color not only from one end to the other but from the first piece to the last piece the color will be the same.
- Material is dry prior to installation