Prefinished Cedar Bevel Siding
Bevel Siding (also known as clapboard or weatherboard siding) is a type of siding profile where the boards are installed horizontally with the top board overlapping the bottom to provide a seal to protect the interior of the home. The use of Western Red Cedar for bevel lap siding is one of the most widely-used natural wood siding species as it is naturally resistant to decay, rot, and insect attacks.
Prefinishing this material means that we take the beauty of real Cedar wood and factory finish it with a primer, semi-transparent or semi-solid stain, or primer plus acrylic solid color paint all done in a factory where quality can be controlled. The prefinishing process will seal each board against moisture and protect the wood from harmful UV rays. When factory finished, there are no runs, drips, or shrink lines, and the finish is applied to all six sides of the material (face, back, edges, and ends).
Wood Grades Available:
STK - Select Tight Knot - Sound and tight knots
A & Better Grade
Our Cedar bevel siding can be pre-finished in a transparent stain which will allow the true wood grain show but will have a natural tint to the wood (depending on color). If you're looking for a little more UV protection, a semi-transparent stain can be used which will continue to show the natural grain of the wood. If you're looking for a more consistent solid color, the use of a semi-solid or solid color stain should be used. For maximum protection, we can apply one coat of primer and two coats of acrylic latex for a solid color finish. We are capable of pre-finishing this material in any color you can imagine. If you have a color picked out, call us and we will be happy to assist you.
Benefits to pre-finishing natural wood siding:
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed, the house comes to life as the final color has already been applied.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions prohibiting a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled, and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray, No Drips, and No Runs
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six-Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply a finish to all six sides of the wood, which is the best way to protect natural wood from UV and moisture issues.
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent finish from one end to the other and from the first piece to the last.
- Material is dry before installation.