Cedar Prefinished Board and Batten Siding
Board and Batten siding is a very popular siding style in which the boards are installed vertically side by side. Where each board meets another, there is a small gap for expansion and contraction of the material. To cover this small gap a narrow board (batten strip) is placed over the gap to seal out rain, snow and other environmental elements. This is a simple siding method and can be repaired easily depending on the material and method of installation. Depending on the material size, batten strips can be spaced close together or far apart depending on the seam location and/or the desired look.
Western Red Cedar has been used in a board and batten configuration for years. By factory finishing these natural wood products, each board will be encapsulated protecting them from moisture and harmful UV rays. Natural wood siding can be prefinished in a primer so that you can have the final top coat applied after installation or we can stain the wood using a high quality translucent, semi-transparent or semi-solid color of your choice.
Benefits of pre-finished wood siding:
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed you can see the house come to life as there is no waiting for a painter to arrive on site to cover factory primed boards.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions that prohibit a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year round - Our facility is climate controlled and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Drips
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six Sided Protection
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent color not only from one end to the other but from the first piece to the last piece the color will be the same.
- Material is dry prior to installation