Cedar Prefinished Board and Batten Siding
Board and Batten siding is a very popular siding style in which the boards are installed vertically, side by side. Where each board meets another, there is a small gap for expansion and contraction of the material. A narrow board (batten strip) is placed over the joint to seal out rain, snow, and other environmental elements. Board and Batten is a simple siding method that can be repaired quickly depending on the material and method of installation. Depending on the material size, batten strips can be spaced close together or far apart depending on the seam location and the desired look. Standard Cedar Board and Batten installation will have the batten strips installed at 11-1/2" on center (see sizes below).
Cedar Board and Batten siding can be pre-finished in various colors and products. A wood toner will allow the natural wood grain to show but will have a natural tint to the wood (depending on product color). If you're looking for a bit more UV protection, a semi-transparent stain is a good choice, and you will still see some of the wood's natural grain. A semi-solid or solid color stain is a good option if you're looking for a more consistent solid color with less wood grain showing through the finish. All wood siding profiles are available with a primer-only coating option so you can have the topcoat applied in the field after installation. We can do almost any color you can imagine. If you don't find a color you love out of our 40+ stain color options, please give us a call - custom colors are available.
Board and Batten Sizes:
- Board Size: 1 x 12 Nominal (3/4" x 11-1/4" Actual)
- Batten Size: 1 x 4 Nominal (3/4" x 3-1/2" Actual)
- Batten Repeat: Approx. 11-1/2" on center
Why You Should Pre-Finish Your Board and Batten Cedar Siding
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed, the house comes to life as the final color has already been applied.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions prohibiting a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled, and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray, No Drips, and No Runs
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six-Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply a finish to all six sides of the wood, which is the best way to protect natural wood from UV and moisture issues.
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent finish from one end to the other and from the first piece to the last.
- Material is dry before installation.