Prefinished Cedar Rabbeted Bevel Siding
Rabbeted Bevel siding is a variation of bevel siding (also known as clapboard siding) in which a rectangular groove (rabbet) is milled into the backside of the thick butt edge on each board (plank). This rabbet allows the top board to overlap the one below (only used on horizontal applications) to create a seal against moisture and other environmental factors. The final installation looks just like traditional horizontal beveled lap siding.
STK grade (also known as a select tight knot grade) is the most popular grade available. The material will have sound tight knots visible and graded to the rough side. The band-sawn face gives this product a warm and rustic appearance.
Cedar Rabbeted Bevel siding can be pre-finished in various colors and products. A wood toner will allow the natural wood grain to show but will have a natural tint to the wood (depending on product color). If you're looking for a bit more UV protection, a semi-transparent stain is a good choice, and you will still see some of the wood's natural grain. A semi-solid or solid color stain is a good option if you're looking for a more consistent solid color with less wood grain showing through the finish. All wood siding profiles are available with a primer-only coating option so you can have the topcoat applied in the field after installation. We can do almost any color you can imagine. If you don't find a color you love out of our 40+ stain color options, please give us a call - custom colors are available.
Benefits of Pre-Finishing
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed, the house comes to life as the final color has already been applied.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions prohibiting a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled, and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray, No Drips, and No Runs
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six-Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply a finish to all six sides of the wood, which is the best way to protect natural wood from UV and moisture issues.
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent finish from one end to the other and from the first piece to the last.
- Material is dry before installation.
How to Install Rabbeted Bevel Siding
We recommend following the
WRCLA guidelines for Cedar bevel siding and following your state and local building codes for proper installation.