Prefinished Channel Rustic Cedar Siding
While Channel Rustic Siding is not as popular as traditional lap siding, this unique profile offers some versatility, allowing for a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal installation. The face of each board has a rustic rough band-sawn texture with a pronounced channel (usually around 1" wide) at the top, which creates a recognizable shadow line effect. The boards will overlap each other (similar to shiplap), providing excellent weather protection. The rough sawn face takes stain very well and can be finished in various colors. If you're looking for a great rustic look that will be different from other homes in your area, this would be a great choice.
Wood Grades Available
We recommend using Select Tight Knot (STK) grade cedar for an authentic rustic look, which will have some knots on the material's face (graded side). These knots will add to the charm and warmth of the wood and give your home some real character. Cedar does not contain pitch and is resin-free. Cedar is also naturally resistant to rot, insect attacks, and decay.
Cedar Channel Rustic siding can be pre-finished in various colors and products. A wood toner will allow the natural wood grain to show but will have a natural tint to the wood (depending on product color). If you're looking for a bit more UV protection, a semi-transparent stain is a good choice, and you will still see some of the wood's natural grain. A semi-solid or solid color stain is a good option if you're looking for a more consistent solid color with less wood grain showing through the finish. All wood siding profiles are available with a primer-only coating option so you can have the topcoat applied in the field after installation. We can do almost any color you can imagine. If you don't find a color you love out of our 40+ stain color options, please give us a call - custom colors are available.
Benefits of Prefinishing
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed, the house comes to life as the final color has already been applied.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions prohibiting a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled, and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray, No Drips, and No Runs
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six-Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply a finish to all six sides of the wood, which is the best way to protect natural wood from UV and moisture issues.
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent finish from one end to the other and from the first piece to the last.
- Material is dry before installation.