Prefinished Channel Rustic Cedar Siding
While Channel Rustic Siding is not quite as popular as traditional lap siding, this unique profile offers some versatility allowing it to be installed vertically, horizontally or diagonally. The face of each board has a rustic rough band sawn texture with a pronounced channel (usually around 1" wide) at the top which creates a recognizable shadow line effect. The boards will overlap each other (similar to shiplap) which will provide excellent weather protection. The rough sawn face takes stain very well and can be finished in a wide variety of colors. If you're looking for a great rustic look that will be different from other homes in your area this would be a great choice.
Wood Grades Available
For a true rustic look, we use the Select Tight Knot (STK) grade cedar which will have some knots on the face (graded side) of the material. These knots will add to the charm and warmth of the wood and give your home some real character. Cedar wood does not contain pitch and is resin free. Cedar is also naturally resistant to rot, insect attacks and decay.
Channel Rustic cedar siding can be Prefinished (factory finished) with several different finishes including: Primer (to be top coated in the field), translucent stain, semi-transparent stain, semi-solid stain or primed and top coated a solid color paint. All finishes will be applied to all six sides (face, back, edges and sides - also known as back priming). When it comes to color choice, you can choose from one of our colors shown below or ask us about our custom color options.
Benefits of Prefinishing
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed you can see the house come to life as there is no waiting for a painter to arrive on site to cover factory primed boards.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions that prohibit a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year round - Our facility is climate controlled and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Drips
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six Sided Protection
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent color not only from one end to the other but from the first piece to the last piece the color will be the same.
- Material is dry prior to installation