Douglas Fir Shiplap Siding
Shiplap is a popular siding style that has been used for over 100 years. This proven siding design is excellent for sealing out the weather in harsh climates. The shiplap profile features a rabbeted edge that allows each board to overlap the other. The overlap provides a unique thin Shadowline and a tight seal against wind, rain, and snow. The size of the rabbet can be machined to give a nickel gap appearance or closed for a no-gap (square edge) appearance. Shiplap siding can be installed either vertically or horizontally, depending on the look you desire. Please see our Channel Rustic siding page if you want a more significant Shadowline siding product.
Why Douglas Fir Siding?
Doug Fir siding is a viable option for architects, builders, and homeowners looking for a natural wood exterior product. The wood is very strong for its weight and is one of the hardest and heaviest softwoods commercially available in North America. The grain will be typically straight and plain and will accept a stain nicely.
Doug Fir Siding Grades Available
The grade is #1 and better. This knotty product provides a rustic look and is kiln-dried. Board lengths are available in 8' to 16' random lengths.
Custom Siding Colors
All Doug Fir siding profiles are offered prefinished in one of our stain colors, primed only, or primed and top-coated with a solid finish. Our pre-finishing process will seal each board against moisture and protect the wood from harmful UV rays. When factory finished, there are no runs, drips, or shrink lines, and the finish will be applied to all six sides of the material (face, back, edges, and ends). Custom colors are available - call us for details.
Benefits of Prefinishing
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed you can see the house come to life as there is no waiting for a painter to arrive on-site to cover factory primed boards.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions that prohibit a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Drips
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six Sided Protection
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent color not only from one end to the other but from the first piece to the last piece the color will be the same.
- Material is dry prior to installation