Prefinished James Hardie Plank Lap Siding
HardiePlank® siding (Also known as Hardieplank lap siding, Hardie board lap siding, James Hardie lap siding) is the most popular fiber cement siding brand in the market. It is available in a wide variety of sizes and textures so it is sure to provide great curb appeal on almost any type of house.
James Hardie siding products are manufactured in two different zone ratings known as thee HardieZone® system. This zone system means that the siding is made for optimal performance in different environments. HZ5 is the designation for HardieZone® 5 covers most of the mid-Atlantic to northern parts of the US and is designed for colder climates where there is a higher frost/thaw chance. HZ10 products are made to withstand high humidity and longer exposure to higher temperatures and sunlight.
There are three texture options for the Hardie plank lap siding and the first is the Select Cedarmill®. These boards have a cedar texture that looks like real cedar with a tight grain design that looks great with a solid or stain finish.
The smooth texture boards have a flat (no-grain) texture for a classic clean look. This texture can be prefinished in almost any solid color you can imagine. Our stain colors were not designed to be applied on smooth texture boards as the finish needs the texture to bring out the real wood type look.
If you prefer the look of a beaded lap siding board you have your choice between Custom Beaded Cedarmill® or Custom Beaded Smooth and both look fantastic with a custom solid color finish.
All James Hardie plank siding boards come in 12-foot lengths with a 5/16" thickness.
Hardie Lap Siding Sizes and Coverage
Select Cedarmill® and Smooth Texture
Custom Beaded Cedarmill® and Custom Beaded Smooth
- 5.25" - 25 Boards Per 100 Sq/Ft
- 6.25" - 20 Boards Per 100 Sq/Ft
- 7.25" - 16.7 Boards Per 100 Sq/Ft
- 8.25" - 14.3 Board Per 100 Sq/Ft
- 9.25" - 12.5 Board Per 100 Sq/Ft(/li>
- 10.75" - 9.3 Boards Per 100 Sq/Ft
- 8.25" - 14.3 Board Per 100 Sq/Ft
Hardie Plank Siding Colors
The colors shown below are our most popular solid and stain colors but you are not limited to these color options. All of our products are made to order so using a custom color from any paint manufacturer is possible.
When it comes to solid colors, we have a great selection of timeless, historic, and popular options. Your color options are not limited to the ones listed here on our website. Since all of our products are finished to order, we can apply almost any color from any paint manufacturer that you desire. All of our solid colors have a rich satin finish and come with a 25-year limited warranty.
Our stain colors are an excellent way to get fiber cement to look like wood. With 15 or more colors to choose from, we are sure one of them will be a perfect match for your project. All of our stain colors have a rich satin finish and come with a 15-year limited warranty.
If you would like to mix colors where the siding is one color and the trim, soffit, and fascia boards are another we can do that as well.
Benefits Of Custom Prefinishing Your Hardie Plank Siding
- Five Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply paint to the front and all edges (per manufacturer's requirements) for a uniform finish.
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed you can see the house come to life as there is no waiting for a painter to arrive on site.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions that prohibit a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled and machines run all 12 months.
- No Streaking, No Runs, No Drips, and No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Environmental Issues at the job site.
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each panel/board will have a consistent color not only from one end to the other but from the first piece to the last piece the color will be the same.
- Material is dry prior to installation
Hardie Plank Lap Siding Warranty Information
James Hardie 30 Year Limited Warranty HZ10
James Hardie 30 Year Limited Warranty HZ5
Hardie Plank Siding Installation Instructions
We highly recommend that all of these products be installed by a trained professional siding installer. As a reference for the builder/installer/architect and homeowner please see the James Hardie Plank Installation Guide HZ10
James Hardie Plank Installation Guide HZ5.