Prefinished Shiplap Siding
Shiplap is a popular siding style that has been used for over 100 years. This is a proven siding design that is excellent for sealing out the weather in harsh climates. The profile of each board has been cut with a rabbeted edge that allows each board to overlap the other. The overlap provides a unique Shadowline and a tight seal against wind, rain, and snow. The size of the rabbet can be opened to give a nickel gap appearance or closed for a no-gap (square edge) appearance. Shiplap siding can be installed either vertically or horizontally depending on the look you desire. If you want a larger gap product, please see our Channel Rustic siding page.
Wood Species Available:
Cedar STK - Select Tight Knot - Sound and tight knots
Cypress #2 Common Grade
All of our Cedar and Cypress shiplap profiles can be machine factory pre-finished in a transparent, semi-transparent or semi-solid stain. If you want a solid color but unsure of the final color, we can apply a primer to the siding to protect the wood from moisture and damaging UV rays. If you know the solid color you want we can prime and apply the final solid color in our factory as well.
Benefits to pre-finishing natural wood siding:
- Six Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply stain or paint to all six sides of the wood which is the best way to protect natural wood not only for UV protection but also for moisture protection.
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed you can see the house come to life as there is no waiting for a painter to arrive on site to cover factory primed boards.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions that prohibit a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled and machines run all 12 months.
- No Streaking, No Runs, No Drips, and No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Environmental Issues at the job site.
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent color not only from one end to the other but from the first piece to the last piece the color will be the same.
- Material is dry prior to installation