Prefinished Wood Siding
What does prefinishing mean?
To prefinish wood siding means to either apply a primer, semi-transparent stain, semi-solid stain, solid stain or a solid paint finish to the material before it is installed on the house. While prefinishing works really well on exterior siding, trim, fascia and soffit material it can also be done to interior wood such as tongue and groove porch ceiling or wall boards, interior tongue and groove paneling, shiplap, trim, and moulding. With our process all 6 sides of the material will be coated (one side sacrificial) including the back side of the material (also know as back priming). What this does is it helps to seal the natural wood from any moisture intrusion helping the wood last longer. With every order, we send additional touch up material so you can seal any end cuts during installation.
Benefits of pre-finished wood siding:
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed you can see the house come to life as there is no waiting for a painter to arrive on site to cover factory primed boards.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions that prohibit a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year round - Our facility is climate controlled and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Drips
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six Sided Protection
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent color not only from one end to the other but from the first piece to the last piece the color will be the same.
- Material is dry prior to installation
- Coating Warranties are Available
- "Green"/Low V.O.C. Coatings are available.