Cedar Valley Shingle Siding Panels
Cedar Valley Shingle Panels are Handcrafted in the USA and truly are Nature's Finest Siding. Cedar Valley cuts their own western red cedar shingles in house choosing only the #1 grade shingles before kiln drying each one so you get the highest quality possible. Each 8 foot panel is constructed using a 3 layer process. The first layer is the kiln dried Western Red Cedar Shingle. The second layer is the 11/32" douglass fir plywood (CCX Graded) and to make sure these two layers are properly bonded, Cedar Valley uses a construction grade adhesive to keep the shingles attached to the backer board. For the third layer of protection, a premium fiberglass mat is added between the backer board and the shingles giving the panel an additional UV barrier.
Cedar Valley Shingle Panels are available in Even Buttline or Staggered Buttline design with open or closed keyways.
Cedar Valley's One-course panel system is a great choice for your custom home, light commercial or upscale applications. Durable, lightweight and easy to install with a blind nail application.
Standard Shingle Panel Sizes
- 1 Course 7-1/8" Exposure (21 panels cover 100 square feet) available in even buttline or staggered butt with tight or open keyways.
- 1 Course 5.3" Exposure (28 panels cover 100 square feet) available in even buttline or staggered butt with tight or open keyways.
- 1 Course 4.25" Exposure (36 panels cover 100 square feet) available in even buttline or staggered butt with tight or open keyways.
Cedar Valley recommends installing these panels factory finished (otherwise known as prefinished). Prefinished means pre-primed, pre-stained or pre-painted in a factory so that the front, edges and keyways are coated for maximum protection against harmful UV rays and moisture. Here at Legacy Pre-Finishing we can do that for you in a wide variety of colors and this includes primers, stains and solid color finishes. For more information call us and will be happy to assist you in finding the right product for your home.
Benefits of Prefinishing:
- Factory Controlled Quality
- No Weather Delays
- Primed, stained or painted on five sides (face, edges, ends and keyways)
- Instant Curb Appeal
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks and No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Drips
- All jobs are made to order
How to Install Cedar Valley Shingles
Hurricane Nailing Instructions For 7-1/8”, 6.0” & 5.3” Bevel top panels
Hurricane Nailing Instructions - For 7-1/8”, 6.0” & 5.3” Stack panels
Standard Nailing Instructions - For 7-1/8”, 6.0” & 5.3” Bevel top panels
Standard Nailing Instructions - For 7-1/8”, 6.0” & 5.3” Easy Stack panels
Technical Bulletin #3 -
Finishing Panelized Cedar Shingle Siding
Technical Bulletin #4 - Testing Results
Technical Bulletin #5 - Care and Maintenance