Prefinished Cedar Shingle Siding
Cedar shingle siding provides timeless classic exterior design and is a popular siding style for many custom homes. Whether used as an accent area in the gables or as the main siding style, the unique detail of individual shingles is hard to match. There are various species and grades of shingles available on the market today but we highly recommend using Kiln dried 18" R&R (Rebutted/Rejointed) western red Cedar shingles for their superior quality. These cedar shingles take a stain very well and reduce the amount of waste during installation. We prefinish (also known as pre-stain) each cedar shingle by dipping them using our proprietary process so that all sides even the edges are coated.
Colors and Finishes Available:
You have the choice of pre-stained cedar shingles in either a semi-transparent or semi-solid stain in the color of your choice. If you prefer to apply a topcoat in the field (after they are installed) we can pre-prime the shingles in either a gray or off-white oil-based primer.
The shingles will arrive at the job site in boxes, finished to your specifications, ready to install.
Wood Species and Grade
Western Red Cedar 18" R&R (Rebutted/Rejointed).
Why You Should Prefinish Your Shingle Siding
- Six-Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply paint to the front and all edges for a uniform finish.
- Instant Appeal - As the material is installed you can see the project come to life as there is no waiting for a painter to arrive to finish the project.
- Pre-Finishing is available year-round - Our facility is climate controlled and machines run all 12 months.
- No Streaking, No Runs, No Drips, and No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Environmental Issues at the job site.
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent color not only from one end to the other but from the first piece to the last piece the color will be the same.
- The material is dry prior to installation
Installation Instructions for Western Red Cedar Shingles
Exterior Side Wall Installation including Single Course and Double Course Double Course