Prefinished Cedar Plain Bevel Siding
Bevel Siding (also known as clapboard, lap siding or weatherboard) is a type of siding where the boards are installed horizontally with the top board overlapping the bottom to provide a seal to protect the interior of the home. The use of Western Red Cedar for bevel siding is one of the most widely-used siding types. The bottom side (or butt side) will be thicker than the top side of the board and most of the time one side will be rough cut and the other side will be smooth.
Take the beauty of real Cedar wood and factory finish it with a semi-transparent stain to give the wood some color but still allow the natural wood texture to be seen. The stain is factory applied to all six sides giving it protection against water and sun damage along with saving time and money at the job site. The oil in the stain penetrates the wood and protects more than just the surface of the board making it water repellent and provides a mildew resistant rich finish. Semi-transparent stains will last longer than a transparent stain but not as long as a solid color stain.
Wood Grades Available:
STK - Select Tight Knot - Sound and tight knots
A & Better Grade
All of our Cedar bevel siding can be pre-finished in a transparent stain which will allow the true wood grain show but will have a natural tint to the wood (depending on color). If you're looking for a little more UV protection, a semi-transparent stain can be used which will continue to show the natural grain of the wood. If you're looking for a more consistent solid color, the use of a semi-solid or solid color stain should be used. For maximum protection, we can apply one coat of primer and two coats of acrylic latex for a solid color finish. We are capable of pre-finishing this material in any color you can imagine. If you have a color picked out, call us and we will be happy to assist you.
Benefits to pre-finishing natural wood siding:
- Six Sided Protection - our process allows us to apply stain or paint to all six sides of the wood which is the best way to protect natural wood not only for UV protection but also for moisture protection.
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed you can see the house come to life as there is no waiting for a painter to arrive on site to cover factory primed boards.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions that prohibit a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year round - Our facility is climate controlled and machines run all 12 months.
- No Streaking, No Runs, No Drips and No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Environmental Issues at the job site.
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent color not only from one end to the other but from the first piece to the last piece the color will be the same.
- Material is dry prior to installation