Prefinished Wood SidingWhat does prefinishing mean?
Prefinishing natural wood siding means to apply a primer, semi-transparent stain, semi-solid stain, solid stain or a solid paint finish to the material before it is installed on the house.
What benefits will I get by prefinishing my siding?
- Instant Curb Appeal - As the siding is installed you can see the house come to life as there is no waiting for a painter to arrive on site to cover factory primed boards.
- No Weather Delays - No weather delays due to poor weather conditions that prohibit a painter from applying the final color coat.
- Pre-Finishing is available year round - Our facility is climate controlled and machines run all 12 months.
- Instant UV and Moisture Protection
- No Lap Marks
- No Streaking
- No Shrink Lines
- No Overspray or Drips
- Cost Savings vs. Field Painting
- Six Sided Protection
- Factory Controlled Quality - Each board will have a consistent color not only from one end to the other but from the first piece to the last piece the color will be the same.
- Material is dry prior to installation
- Coating Warranties are Available
- "Green"/Low V.O.C. Coatings are available.